Sorry I never got the Europe pics put up! As soon as I got back I had such a quick turn around and didn't have time :( and well now... I'm in Michigan until Saturday. I will upload the pics eventually I promise!
As for tonight, I'd like to take some time to talk about trust. I know what you're thinking; didn't she already have her rant about trust a few posts back? Well you're right. And that's only because trust is such a big thing to me. I will try not to be repetitive.
Last time I believe I talked about how you only get one chance at trust. I'd like to change that. Yes I know, certain situations are different. But if you screw up once, wouldn't you want to be told what you did wrong so that you could fix it first? In that case, people do deserve a second chance. However, when they fuck that second chance up, they better work their butt's off to fix it. It is like telling a child I know you didn't know any better this time, but if you steal another dollar from mommy's purse, you will be grounded. You gave the child a second chance. But odds are the next day, another dollar will go missing from your purse. It is all about communication. That's right, communication.
Communication-the imparting or exchanging of information or news.
The reason I italicized exchanging, is because it takes at least 2 people to exchange. In the scenario with the child, you may have told the child everything you should have, but who's to say that the child actually listened? It takes two to communicate and that's where the problem lies. You can rant on and on all day and night, but if the other person doesn't really listen, you will just have a repeat of the exact same situation. They will steal your dollar again.
Now how exactly does communication relate to trust? Well with relationships especially (and I'm talking any relationship, not just boyfriend and girlfriend) trust and communication go side by side. You trust the other person to communicate things to you. Hypothetically, if person A felt like he/she had to keep secrets from person B, there is a communication issue right there. Now if person B figured out that person A was keeping things from them, and calmly told them I don't care what you're doing or who you're with! As long as you just tell me :) then if person A was really listening, he/she would realize that the reason that they are with person B is because they know they can trust each other and tell each other everything. PROBLEM SOLVED... except in the case where person A didn't actually listen to person B, and decides to keep hiding things from them. That's when person B is going to get upset. REALLY upset. Person A broke person B's trust because he/she could not COMMUNICATE with person B.
TRUST=COMMUNICATION.
COMMUNICATION=TRUST
END OF STORY.
AMEN!!!!
ReplyDelete