I'm. Just. Me.

I'm. Just. Me.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Crazy Bitch

Today was interesting, to say the least. Waking up to a room that is darker at that time, than it was the night before when you went to sleep is a terribly confusing occurrence. You wake up and find yourself thinking that you have gone insane for waking up before the sun! Then you look at your clock and find out it's noon already... mind=blown. Thats how you know that it is going to be a good day; when you wake up, and nothing makes sense. It wasn't until I stepped into the shower that I realized I had been humming to the tune of my ringtone Big Girls, you are Beautiful by Mika. Go listen to it and tell me that that's not embarrassing. Well after my shower I looked down at the clothes I had selected to wear, then looked at my comfy pj's and decided that it was a pajama day.

There's always some sort of comfort in being able to sit on your couch with messy hair, with no make-up, wearing dorky pajamas, and watching Criminal Minds while listening to the rain, and not have to worry about anyone judging how you look. It is very peaceful, which is exactly what I needed.

I did a lot of thinking today. I realized I haven't been making as much time for my friends as I should. And I don't necessarily mean hanging out with them, I mean even just talking to them. Like my friend Mo for example. He texted me this morning and I realized that it must have been at least 3 weeks since we spoke last. Him and I used to talk every day without fail. I miss that. Then there's my friend Donnie. Him and I have somewhat of a history together, but have remained close friends throughout it all. (That is all a story for a different time). But I realized that it has been weeks since I have seen him. When his car broke down today it was the perfect opportunity to see him. Since my boyfriend is a car guy it was only common sense that we went to help Donnie out. It was good seeing him. Then Clint and I got some alone time before he had to go to choir practice for his church. We spend about an hour just finding and playing random apps on our iPhones together. We always find something to do. When Clint left, "shit hit the fans" unfortunately. My dad decided to get angry for literally no reason at all. He ended up leaving. Now, when I am stressed out or mad I do one of three things: I either drive my car like a bat out of hell (unfortunately I still do not have my poor little car back yet), blast my "angry" music really loud, or I bake.

So tonight for dinner, I baked my family a beautiful garlic, sage, and rosemary chicken, with roasted potatoes and various veggies. It was fantastic, to say the least. And for dessert I made a chocolate canoli cake which my mom tells me also turned out great (At that point I was too full from the delicious chicken to eat any of the dessert). My dad finally came home, made himself a plate for dinner, ate the dessert I made, and didn't say a word to me. I'd prefer that over the yelling any day.

So what I learned today is that friends are there for you no matter what. And good friends will stick by you even when you fuck up. So try your best to make time for them, even if it is just to say hi a couple times a week. Also, when someone is angry for no apparent reason, it is best to just keep quiet and let them realize how stupid they are being on their own. They will never admit they were wrong, but if you fight back, you are only going to make it worse.

So have a great week, fellow bloggers!
This is me, Signing off.
....... ha.

1 comment:

  1. Hey you! keep it up, you're worth so much than you give yourself credit for i swear.
    great taste in music :) and uhhhh, you're beautiful by the way.
    smile. and have a good night :)

    ReplyDelete