I'm. Just. Me.

I'm. Just. Me.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Perspective

Stress seems to accumulate in our lives throughout our high school years. Freshman year you think you can't handle all of the new responsibilities as the amount of work you must do increases. Sophomore year you look back at freshman year and are thankful for how easy it truly was, because work is even harder and more time consuming now. Junior year, you almost beg to go back to freshman and sophomore years because with the addition of advanced classes and the pressure of getting your GPA up, your stress level goes through the roof. And then comes senior year. Senior year is supposed to be the year of partying and living it up. It is supposed to be the year of little stress and blow-off classes. But once you reach your senior year, you realize that it is anything but all of those things. Yes, some things are great, like senior out, and no curfew. However with the impending pressure of making sure you pass all of your classes, and getting accepted to the university of your dreams, or making the decision of which university you want to commit to, stress reaches new extremes. On top of all of that you have to worry about sending graduation invites out, then sending thank you cards, filling out all of the paperwork that goes along with registering for college, and so many other things that you will not understand until you actually experience it for yourself.

I'm not going to lie. I am terrified. College seems like such a scary thing to me. Exciting... but scary. It will be the first time I have ever lived away from this very house, and the first time that I will be on my own and have the responsibility of making sure I get everything done myself, because I wont have my parents there to constantly remind me. I'm nervous for the classes and I'm praying that I don't get too stressed, but as you can tell, I do not handle stress very well. My boyfriend and I are going to stay together since it will be his senior year in high school and I will be staying pretty close for college, but as much as I love him and want to stay with him, I just know that the distance is going to just be one more stress that I am going to have to deal with. I am praying that we can make it. It also doesn't help that none of my friends will be attending UTA with me next year. My friends are my everything and it is going to be an extremely scary thing to have to make all new friends. I am going to miss everyone so much. Wow, I am tearing up just thinking about this already. I have a feeling that my nerves on college will be the subject of most of my posts for a while now.

On a separate note, we got a new puppy! His name is Pete and he is half chihuahua and half weiner dog. He is so ugly that he is actually pretty cute, if that makes sense. All he does all day is run around in circles and follow my sister and I around until he gets hungry or has to pee. He is also a cuddler. He loves to curl up underneath a blanket with us and sleep there. I love him already :)
This is Pete :)

So long, bloggers.
More tomorrow, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment