I'm. Just. Me.

I'm. Just. Me.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Jam for Japan!

Helloooo afternoon class!!! This is my personal blog, but I PROMISE you guys that nothing I write about has anything to do with the title of my blog. It is simply an attention grabber haha :)

My first order of business is that I'd like to thank Kameron specifically for creating his blog to keep us informed on whats going on with yall. It will help so much!

Secondly, here's what happened in this morning's (6/2) meeting! WE WILL BE PUTTING A SLIP-AND-SLIDE DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE ATRIUM! ...........just kidding.. Heres the real list of everything that we discussed :)
1. Krissy was able to bring 3 coolers, 400 hot cups, 200 cold cups, and 400 napkins! Go Krissy!
2. Ryan was able to bring a cooler and spoke to an art store and got quite a few things. He was able to make a deal for everyone who buys a poster, to get 10%off of a custom frame from her store. The woman was also more than happy to donate some raffle items, and even asked us if we would be willing to use her studio space on June 25 to host another art show! If anyone would be interested in that, let us know!
3. We could still use more coolers since we are going to have to transport all of the food plus the 300lbs of ice.
4. Mrs. Harman was able to get her son to add to the raffle items, and put in things like mugs and keychains, and even possibly one free hellicopter lesson! Not kidding!
5. We still are going to need more cups, plates, napkins, and plasticware, red if possible. Kameron said he was willing to get these things, however, those items can get a bit pricy and I am sure he would be thankful if anyone else could help out with that too!
6. As for me, I specifically need a few things for the food. I desperately need large tupperware boxes to put the food in for transport in the coolers, and I need lots of sample cups! The kind that grocery stores put their food samples in! If anyone at all can get any of those things, please bring it up to the school tomorrow!! I will be up here after school to pick everything up.
7. We have been passing out flyers at the middle school next to us, and have gotten a very positive response from many of the kids! :)
8. We still need people to sign up for Coffee Manager and Japan Card Overseer. The coffee manager will be handling all of the coffee pots, and pouring coffee for anyone who comes by and would like some. The Japan Card Overseer needs to be responsible. We are planning of posting a huge piece of paper on the wall with our logo in the center, and allowing people to sign their names and/or write a little message to the people of Japan. We will be sending this card with the donations to the American Red Cross. The Japan Card Overseer needs to be in charge of the markers. A person will come up to you and pay 25 cents to use a marker and write on the card. We need to make sure we get ALL of the markers back!
9. We noticed that Kameron was also signed up to bring tortilla chips. I am not sure if he is still willing to do so or not, but eiter way, we are going to need MULTIPLE people to bring tortilla chips! We have 2 different dips that require tortilla chips, and have a feeling that these will be very popular.
10. Everyone please wear your Jam for Japan t-shirt tomorrow!
11. We are also planning on selling cans of sodas for $1 (profits go to Japan of course) but in order to do that, we will need soda donations. A few people in the morning class will be buying some sodas but the more we have, the better. We will sell them until we run out.
12. WE NEED POWER STRIPS AND EXTENTION CORDS!
13. If anyone has walkie-talkies please bring those
14. Miekala- Please bring the face painting book, as well as another kit if possible
15. Today our main goal is to get everything priced out.
16. If we could get another roll of tickets in a different color that would be great! we will have 2 different raffles-one small item raffle, and one large item raffle.
17. Last thing, we need sugar, non-dairy creamer, and stirring sticks for the coffee. And if anyone is willing to possibly raid Pei Wei or some other Asian resturant and maybe steal some fortune cookies.......... we thought that those might be cute to help decorate the food table.

I believe that is all for today. I know it is a lot. And if i think of anything else, I will text Kameron and let him know. Thanks for all your hard work!!! I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment